THE REDRESS DESIGN AWARD 2018 WITH THE R COLLECTIVE
You will join the team of fashion game-changers at The R Collective, the new up-cycled fashion brand that was born from Redress, to create an up-cycled collection for retail.
Following your runway victory, you will work remotely with The R Collective’s design team before returning to the dynamic city of Hong Kong for four to six weeks to finesse your designs, help to source fabric waste and assist with production planning. During this time, you will present your collection to the region’s top buyers to entice leading department stores to retail your collection, alongside The R Collective’s e-commerce platform.
You will also drive your collection’s marketing campaign, including photo and video shoots, as you learn about how scaling up pieces of your winning competition collection for the real world of retail. Along with this crowning prize, you will rightfully earn yourself a position alongside the other talented designers already in The R Collective, bagging yourself the chance to have your voice and talents recognized under this global spotlight.
Find out more about The Redress Design Award 2018 with The R Collective here.
You will also…
- Receive a one-year full subscription to access all areas of Bloomsbury Fashion Central including the Fairchild Books Library and associated online resources, The Berg Fashion Library and the Fashion Photography Archive*.
The Redress Design Award 2018 Mentorship with Orsola de Castro
You will receive a tailored mentorship with distinguished sustainable fashion designer and competition judge, Orsola de Castro. Widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in sustainable fashion, Orsola has nurtured many of the pioneering names in sustainable fashion from their early designs through to their established brands. This mentorship opportunity will give you expert and targeted support, which will be provided to you wherever you are in the world through video calls and by email over a six-month period. This will propel your career in sustainable fashion design forwards and prepare you, your visions and your collections for the competitive market of attracting fashion buyers and media – and ultimately securing success.
Find out more about The Redress Design Award 2018 mentorship with Orsola de Castro here.
You will also…
- Receive 10 books from the Basics Fashion Design series.
After impressing the global public with your designs in an online vote to outshine your 29 semi-finalist competitors, you will be promoted across Redress’ social networks along with your accolade of People’s Choice, and receive the Bloomsbury Publishing Handbook of Design for Sustainability by Stuart Walker.
Find out more about The Redress Design Award 2018 People's Choice prize here.
All ten finalists will
- Present their sustainable collections at HKTDC Hong Kong's Fashion Week CENTRESTAGE
- Enjoy a whirlwind educational all-expenses paid trip to Hong Kong
- Have their designs shot in Hong Kong by a renowned photographer and styled by an influential stylist
- Have designs showcased under the international public’s spotlight in an exhibition after the grand final concludes
- Receive a 12 month Pro membership to the CO platform providing them with access to premium intelligence and learning that will help them launch their careers in sustainable fashion business.
- Receive a subscription to Bloomsbury's online portal, the Berg Fashion Library (from May to September 2018)
- A copy of new Bloomsbury title, Fashion Fibres, Designing for Sustainability by Annie Gullingsrud
- Receive a two-hour mentorship with a sustainable fashion expert to help nurture their future career development
- Star in Redress' new documentary TV series, Frontline Fashion
All 30 semi-finalists will receive
- Promotion across Redress’ marketing channels
- Access to the Redress Design Award Alumni Network which provides regular opportunities to develop your sustainable fashion career
- A selection of fashion books from Bloomsbury Publishing including a Practical Guide to Sustainable Fashion by Alison Gwilt, Sustainable Fashion: Past, Present and Future by Jennifer Farley Gordon and Colleen Hill and Zero Waste Fashion Design by Timo Rissanen and Holly McQuillan
Each cycle of the Redress Design Award we continue to support our alumni, our previous semi-final and final competitors, with prizes through partnerships with like-minded organisations to enhance their careers in sustainable fashion.
THE REDRESS DESIGN AWARD 2018 ALUMNI PRIZE WITH KAPOK
This alumni prize winner will receive a customised business development mentorship by the owner of successful independent Hong Kong retailer, Arnault Castel of kapok, and the chance to have his or her collection stocked in store.
THE REDRESS DESIGN AWARD 2018 ALUMNI PRIZE WITH CO (COMMON OBJECTIVE)
This alumni prize winner will receive a 12 month Showcase membership to the CO platform which supports the fashion industry to do business better. Through CO, the winner will have the benefit of a premium business profile, enabling them to showcase their work and make industry connections that will help them to grow their business, as well as access premium intelligence and learning.
*Not available to residents of USA and Canada